Hey guys… so if you watch my youtube Channel Sonya Sed you know that I absolutely love to cook and bake. Its just my thing you know.. like we all have our “thing” and this is mine. For me cooking or baking is more then just feeding my family.. it genuinely makes me happy. I feel so relaxed and in my own world when I am in the kitchen, its where I feel disconnected with the world and in tune with my own.. its amazing. I love to try new flavor combinations, make dishes from other ethnicities, make dishes that make my pallet explode…and within it all.. never forgetting to add my own personality.. food with a kick of Sonya. LoL.
On you youtube channel linked above, I share a step by step video of how to make this meal. Trust me you won’t be disappointed. If you love meat or middle eastern food.. this dish won’t disappoint.. I promise!! On the Blog however I will write down ingredients needed and instructions.. That way you can just print this out and follow along while watching my video to make sure you have no failures. haha lets get to it.
- 500g ground beef/burger meet
- 2 white onions
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- 2 Lemons
- Salt/Black Pepper
- optional: Sabzi powder
- Salted Butter
- Flat bread of choice
- In a large bowl grate 1 onion and remove the excise liquid.
- Add in ground beef
- Add in Turmeric, Salt (generous amount) and Pepper
- With your hand mix them altogether as you would a dough.
- In a non stick pan spread the meat flat making sure it is even in size so it cooks at the same time. Cut the Kebab into 4 sections, this step is very important because it acts as a ventilation for the meat to cook properly and so it doesn’t puff up and form a disaster. (Watch video to see how I did this).
- Add the pan over high heat and let it fry for about 1 to 2 minutes covered till the water from the meat is cooked through.. once this time has lapsed add in about 60ml of water.. not much. Cover on low heat and let this slowly cook for 45min, if you feel it is getting dry add in more water in small segments. Once time has lapsed, flip the Kebab and cut in 1 tomato adding this around it. Cover and let sit on very low heat for another 10minutes. Depending on how well done you like your meat, feel free to cut into it and see how you like it. My husband likes his meat very very well done so I generally cook it for much longer. Once cooked, in a dish add flat bread of choice with some butter over top, add in the kebab and tomatoes and cover with another buttered bread. Seal it with foil.. allowing all those meat and tomato juices to seep into the buttered bread.
INSTRUCTIONS SALAD SHIRZAZI
- In a salad bowl cut in, 2 tomatoes, Cucumber and 1 onion. When you cut them, try to cut them all into the same size so you get an equal bit full of each rather then a larger piece of onion or tomato. Once cut, add in the juice of 1 and a half or 2 lemons depending on size.. disregarding the seeds for this will give a slight Bitter taste to the juice. Add in salt, pepper and Sabzi flakes if you wish.. that is completely optional. Give it a good mix and let it sit for 30min in the fridge.. or not lol.. if your impatient like me.. and enjoy!!!!