Literally starting this post by saying LITERALLY… took me three back to back failed attempts to get these suckers to bake pretty perfectly. Appearance for me is very important but it can look as beautiful as you like but if it tastes like shit… well then your not going to make some bellies very happy!!! Even though my amazing husband ate the first few failed attempts lol.. it still wasn’t working out to well for me. I just couldn’t figure it out and I read nearly 30 other recipes and even watched videos. So I did what I do best when I want something to come out GOOD. I stopped following what everyone else was doing and saying and winged it writing everything down along the way.. and to my surprise it came out amazing. Now, I’m not saying that this is the BEST way or the RIGHT way.. everyones oven is different and mixing skills are different and weight measurements are different. But this worked for me and it may just work for you.. what I will tell you about this recipe however though is that its super super EASY! No complications or other bs fillers. Okay enough talking…
To watch along as you make these click the link –––> French Macaron Tutorial
Ingredients For Macaron Cookie (for best results use a scale)
- 200g Icing sugar
- 120g Almond Flour
- 30g Granulated Sugar
- 3 Egg whites
- Food coloring and Vanilla options
Ingredients For Filling (Ganache)
- Milk Chocolate of choice
- 3 Tbsp Heavy whipping cream/cooking creme
- In a bowl SIFT together almond flour and sugar. Be sure to sift this once or twice to make sure there is absolutely no lumps of almond! Set aside
- In another bowl whisk together egg whites till foamy and pale. Add in sugar in two parts and continue whisking on full speed till fluffy and tripled in size (stiff peaks). This is the time to add in Flavoring and Food coloring. Whisk again just enough to combine the flavor and color.
- Fold in the wet into dry in two parts. Do not whisk. Fold this in very slowly and diligently. You want to keep the air that was whipped into the egg whites.
- Keep folding till you have reached the ribbon stage or as some call it.. lava stage. This is when you pick up your spatula and the mixture is thick and folds on itself like a ribbon.
- Place the batter into a piping bag/ziplock bag and cut a small hole at the tip
- On a baking sheet make small circles leaving an inch and a half space between each cookie. Once you have piped on the cookies.. Pick up your baking tray and bang it, slam it, pound it.. on the counter a few times to remove any access air bubbles. VERY IMPORTANT STEP! I noticed that the air bubbles are what make the top crack and break..if you see any bubbles that didn’t pop while banging you a small sharp object and poke them out manually.
- Let me sit for 15 to 20 minutes till the top is firm to the touch. (touch the batter gently, if there is no batter on you finger they are ready to go into the oven)
- Place the macarons in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes on 160 C. This may take a few tries to get right for some ovens are different then others.
- Once time has lapsed, remove them of the tray and let them fully cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can make the ganache. In a bowl heat together chocolate and cream. Stir it till its nicely combined and the chocolate is fully melted. Place this into the fridge to slightly harden
- Once ganache has hardened add it to a piping bag and fill the bottom of one macaron and place another on top GENTLY pressing them together.
That is it. Very few ingredients and once you get the hang of it.. its also one of the easiest to make. So satisfying also if I may say so myself. hahaha Hope you guys give this a try and be as creative as possible. Enjoy!
Want that summer body?! I mean don’t we all lol! If you have been following me for a while you know that I am all about that small waist life but at the same time I LOVE to eat. Is this you? Okay great… So let me give you a summery… Quick one. In LA I was always around 106 pounds. It took me a year to get there and maintained it for 5 years. The secret… DONT SKIP BREAKFAST and eat what you crave but in a healthy SMALL portion. Yea, lose it by eating!! I swear I have done it all and this is the best way. You shrink your stomach by eating less and you aren’t starving which is great.
Things that are super good for your waistline:
Vegetables.. Duh! To make them more appealing, toss them into a wrap. Or cook them with coconut oil. Or bake them with olive oil and garlic. So many ways to make this amazing. But for a week take out the bad and add this and you will see the difference.
Fruits… Again, Duh! Fruits are a great sweet treat. It has real sugars (which are good) and so many health benefits. However… Eat them lightly because Calories are still calories and fruit is sugary. So don’t over due it here lol. Ways to make this amazing. Make a fruit salad with a tablespoon of almond butter or any nut butter of choice for dipping. So bomb. Or get dark chocolate. Make fruit bowl add some KEY WORD SOME melted chocolate on it. Let it sit in the freezer and eat. Cut out the sugary foods that are bad for you and saturated with full of fat and replace it with this and give it a week and see the difference. For realz!
Also guys, honestly…. Cut out alcohol and meat products. Alcohol is so bad and so fattening. Sometimes I see girls on the beach who are sooooo close to a nice figure but are downing alcohol like its water. If they just cut that out on its own and replace it with water, it would make the biggest difference. Aside from weight… Anything that takes you out of your conscious state of mind should be avoided PERIOD! Also, meat products.. Just try and avoid it. Substitute it with cooked vegetables with flavored broth. It’s so fucking yummy and so much better for your overall health and digestion.
Follow me on Instagram: Fashionbloggertogo
Okay one thing I need to share with you guys… I fucking LOVE eating lol and to eat good stuff I have to cook… also I have a husband I need to feed haha. I must admit though, I absolutely love to cook and come up with my own crazy fun creations. I cook a lot of swedish dishes (granted I am from there and love their food) and I also cook a lot of persian dishes because I am persian as is my husband.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVENT TRIED PERSIAN FOOD……DO IT, ITS AMAZING!!!! I really enjoy all foods. Some of my favorite aside from Swedish and Persian is Indian (YUM), any kind of Asian foods and of course Mexican food. There is so many more but this blog post will become endless if I go on.
Anyway… so in my house on tuesdays I try to keep tradition… TACO TUESDAY wooop wooooop… We love tacos. Even though I don’t eat meat… I make him steak and substitute it with beans for myself. In Spain I haven’t had much luck finding the Mexican things needed such as hard shell tacos. I took it upon myself to buy some roundish looking baking pans and I greased it a bit, tucked the tortilla in there and shoved it in the oven for about 5 min… VAAALLLAH.. hard tostada bowl created. It was amazing and I totally out of hunger fucked up… forgot to take a pic lol.
What this blog was really about three paragraphs later haha… what I ended up doing with the left over taco shells I made. So instead of throwing them away, I added two big spoons of Nutella, two cut fresh strawberries, half a sliced banana and lastly crumbled biscuit crumbs on top. Place oven on 400 and leave it in there for about 10 minutes for the strawberries and bananas to really soften and soak into the Nutella. Take it out let it sit for 2 minutes and eat however you wish. If I wasn’t watching my weight A LITTLE haha I would add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and eat it like that, instead I folded it and ate the delicious creation.
TRY IT GUYS ITS FUCKING AAAAAAMMMMMAAAAZZZZIIIINNNNGGGG
P.S. The picture does not do it justice. I promise. lol
Sincerely: Self Certified Chef